From the NBA draft to the playoffs, basketball has always been great entertainment, but today's must-reads illustrate business lessons we can learn from the NBA.
- As a manager, it's probably not a good idea to scream at your team, "I want some nasty!" Still, there are many great takeaways from NBA Coach of the Year Gregg Popovich's motivational pep talk. [Eblin Group]
- Six valuable lessons from the NBA playoffs that can be attributed to business, including team coaching, salary establishment and retreats. [RIA Central]
- Circumstances can change quickly in the corporate world. Learning to go with the flow could lead you down a path you never expected. See how these 12 successful former NBA players reinvented their careers overseas. [Business Insider]
- Metta World Peace, formerly known as Ron Artest, teaches us that social innovation can be applied to how others perceive us. [Hypenotic]
- If you're looking for good business advice, you might want to consider looking to your inner circle, even if that inner circle doesn't include a relative playing for the Miami Heat. [Dayton Daily News]