This infographic from PRMarketing.com discusses how to make your social media strategy more effective. As a blogger, you might not think that you need a social media strategy, but everyone who builds a brand, whether that brand is personal or corporate, should have a plan in place for social media interactions.
Having a social media strategy doesn't necessarily mean that you have to sanitize or censor your engagement with readers, but it will give you a framework that's consistent with the voice and tone of your blog and your personal brand. This becomes crucial when you're trying to streamline your social media interactions: every tweet or update counts.
If you don't have a social media strategy yet, there's no better time than now to create one. Use the following prompts to get your creative juices flowing:
- Where does your audience hang out online?
- What goals or benefits do you hope to unlock with your social media presence?
- Do your readers crave a chatty, casual tone, or do they respond to a voice that's authoritative and professional?
- How will you redirect social media followers to your blog?
- How will you measure your progress?
If you already have a social media strategy, how do the tips below shape that strategy?